These blueberry muffins are gorgeous, and of course I had to put my own spin on them!
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed – I used 1/2
1 & 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- I also added white chocolate chips to make this really sinful!
- Combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a measuring cup; add the egg and milk .
- Add this to flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top
- To Make Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix and sprinkle over muffins before baking. Add choc chips if desired! I actually made more of a paste with this, rolled it into balls and flattened it over the cake mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.Makes about 10.
These are a gorgeous teatime treat and will keep visitors coming back for more!
PS: recipe from AllRecipes and tweaked by me!