What a title! I was inspired to make these after sampling some yummy but slightly disappointing cream cheese cakes in Sable D’Or yesterday. I loved the cake texture but it was lacking on the raspberry-ness! So I decided to make my own…
I did some research and found out that these were basically a cream-cheese pound cake recipe. Of course I had to add a Tash/Cake Snob twist which meant… CHOCOLATE!
Basic Pound Cake recipe (From Martha Stewart – I halved it!)
- 150 grams butter (1 & 3/4 sticks)
- 1 packet (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- I added a packet of raspberries
- I added white chocolate chips
- I added raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. W
- With mixer on low, add flour, beating until just combined.
- Mix in raspberries and some white choc buttons.
- I then spooned the mixture into cupcake cases, leaving some in the bowl.
- Then I pushed a few white chocolate buttons into the middle of each cake
- I then topped each cake with a dollop of raspberry jam and put some mixture on top
Ooops… I left them around my mummy which means they were eaten quickly! Luckily I hid a few for friends tomorrow!