I make a lot of brownie batches. They are so easy to whip up in an hour and perfect to take round to a dinner party! I end up making quite a lot of gluten/dairy free brownies as I have a few friends with these allergies. Sometimes I make a “normal” batch and a special batch to take to mixed dinner parties.
Here is a fab dairy & gluten free recipe (adapted from BBC Good Food) This is a halved recipe, so you can easily double or triple it!
- 90g sweet cooking margarine
- 90g dairy free dark chocolate
- 40g gluten free flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 80g dark chocolate chips
- 2 medium eggs
- 140g golden caster sugar
- A bit of glitter for the top if you desire!
- Melt marg and chocolate in bain-marie and leave to cool once melted.
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder into mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate chips
- Whisk eggs and sugar into milkshake-y mixture. Pour chocolate mixture into this and fold.
- Tip the wet mixture into the dry mix and mix together using a wooden spoon. Don’t overmix!
- Pour the mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 20ish mins or until done. Once done, leave these to cool completely otherwise they WILL turn to mush!