Sweet and exotic, honey cake is traditionally made for Jewish new year, which happened last week. For a twist on the classic, I have created a special honey cupcake just for you! Plus its gluten free 🙂
- 125g soft margarine or butter
- 124g soft brown sugar
- 172g runny honey
- 1 egg
- 225g plain flour (Use dove’s farm GF)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 125ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda (dissolve in the water)
- Add all wet ingredients (margarine,honey,egg, water & bicarbonate soda) into a bowl and mix well.
- Add sugar.
- Sift in the flour and spices and mix until batter is thin and runny with no lumps.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 15-20 mins on 220oC or until done.
- Cool and leave overnight.
Serve and watch them disappear!