Hi Cake Snobs! As some of you may know, I’ve changed my diet since the end of August this year to try and be a bit healthier. Of course i’m still making/baking cupcakes which means still having a taste but it means that the other aspects of my diet are better. Yesterday I reached my Club 10 award in Slimming World, which means I’ve lost 10% of my body weight. I’m really happy and hope it will spur me on further! So without further ado, here’s some recipes I made for last night’s SW buffet:
Lemon Meringue Pie:
- 500g Quark (fat free cream cheese)
- Juice & zest of 1 and a 1/2 lemons
- 6 tbs sweetener (I use splenda)
- 5 egg yolks
- Beat this in a bowl and spoon into silicone cupcake cases or ramekins
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 14 mins
- Whilst this is happening, whisk remaining egg whites (5) with a squeeze of lemon juice until it forms soft peaks, then add in about 4tbs sweetener and vanilla essence.
- Once “pies” have been baked, pipe or spoon this mixture on top and bake for a further 8 mins.
- Serve once slightly cooled.
I’ve also been enjoying breakfast, and my favourite weekend treat is to kick back with a bowl of special porridge, which I make as normal but add a dash of cinnamon to the oats/milk/water whilst cooking. Once the porridge is made, I drizze some Walden Farms sugar&fat free caramel syrup over it and add a handful of fresh raspberries. DELISH!
For a pimped up version – bake your porridge oats for half an hour, it tastes like a muffin!