Of course it was Valentine’s Day yesterday, and I received my first ever roses delivery (ahhh!) Not being a fan of all the romantic slush, all I wanted was (obviously) a really yummy dinner. Of course that means cooking it myself!
I decided to cook my first EVER steak (shock horror) followed by melt in the middle chocolate puds. Basically my dream dinner. I cooked the steak in a pan with olive oil and garlic seasoning.
After a gorgeous main course of steak with roasted sweet potatoes, asparagus and beans, it was time for the main event.
Melt in the middle chocolate fondant puds served in my new Le Creuset dishes.
The original recipe was for 8 people, so I halved it and made 2 puds in my rather large ramekins! I also made these dairy free.
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 55g caster sugar
- 30g plain flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and butter in bain marie
- Whisk eggs, yolk,vanilla and sugar until doubled in size
- Fold in chocolate and margarine mixture when cooled
- Sift in flour and fold together
- Spoon into ramekins
- If using extra large ramekins like mine for only 2 puds, bake for 19 mins on 180oC. If making 4 puds, bake for 15 mins
- Serve with custard, cream, or ice cream!
I might have finished mine rather too quickly and stolen a cheeky spoonful of the boyfriend’s… but that’s why he loves me right?!
Did you make or get made anything special yesterday?