This weather is craaaayzee! Horrible and cold, snow and rain. PLEASE bring the spring soon! To comfort myself on another cold night, I decided to spice it up with an ingredient I don’t normally use… Ginger. I was inspired by the Domestic Sluttery Just Desserts theme of Fred and Ginger.
Of course, every Ginger needs her Fred, a delicious bite of chocolate! So here they are, my choco-ginger cookies, sandwiched together with a marscapone cream cheese stuffing!
- 290g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 170g softened unsalted butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100g golden syrup
- 60g dark chocolate chips
- Granulated sugar, to roll the dough in
- One package marscapone cheese
- Tsp vanilla bean paste/syrup
- More golden syrup!
- Whist together brown sugar and softened butter in bowl and add the egg and golden syrup until all combined
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, spices and bicarb
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Shape into round balls, you should make about 30
- Roll in granulated sugar
- Place onto baking parchment covered tray and bake in a preheated oven at 175OC for 12 mins, or until cracks form in the tops of cookies
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer onto cooling rack
- Make the filling by whipping the marscapone and adding in vanilla and as much golden syrup as you like!
- Spread on cooled cookies and munch… I think these are much better the next day!
So have you had any successful baking experiments recently?