Movember… thats right. Raise money by growing a moustache (if you’re a guy) or raising money by baking if you’re me!
This week we had a Movember Bake Sale at work, so obviously I baked!
Vanilla shortbread, chocolate shortbread, dipped in milk and white chocolate, and liberally sprinkled with pistachio… YUM!
I used my fail sale vanilla shortbread recipe by Lily Vanilli, and a batch of chocolate shortbread.
Chocolate Shortbread Recipe
- 180 grams unsalted butter
- 90 grams caster sugar
- A sprinkle of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 240 grams plain flour
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- I egg yolk
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder
- Add in the sugar, salt and vanilla and mix all dry ingredients together
- Rub in butter until the dough looks like breadcrumbs
- Add in the egg yolk and incorporate until dough begins to come together
- Roll out dough to 1cm thickness and cut into whichever shape you fancy!
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Bake for 15-18 mins approx at 165oC
- Take out and leave to cool
- Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle over pistachios, or whichever topping you choose
ENJOY! Are you doing Movember?!