This is pretty much a HUUUUGE giant COOKIE CAKE. Yep. Cookie. Cake. Malteser tart. Overloaded with chocolate. Chewy, soft, crunchy, salty, malty and tooth-achingly sweet.
This is one for all you chocoholics out there.
I recently moved into a new flat. I also got a tart pan. These 2 things came together perfectly as I decided to try out baking in my new oven. So here’s the recipe, it’s SO easy so go try it… like, right now. GO.
- 175g Plain flour
- 130g Chocolate Ovaltine
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 50g white chocolate chips
- Large bag of maltesers (more for you to eat!)
- 20cm tart tin
- Pre-heat oven to 165oc
- Put flour, ovaltine, sugar, and salt into a Magimix and pulse til fine
- Add butter and pulse til it forms balls of moist dough. Don’t worry if it doesn’t come together immediately.
- Turn out your mixture onto a cling-filmed surface and work it into a ball of dough
- Press evenly into bottom of pan
- Bake in oven for 20-25 mins, until slightly browned
- Take out of oven and sprinkly on dark chocolate chips
- Leave to stand whilst they melt then smooth into a deliciously glossy topping.
- Sprinkle on white chocolate chips and chopped maltesers
- Save a few to decorate around the edge, leave to cool and SERVE!