This cake is the epitome of summer. Light, refreshing, I could eat an ENTIRE loaf in one sitting. Just don’t dare me to do it… because I will…no self control clearly! Anyway, this cake is perfect to take along to a summer picnic, as indeed I did!
- 100g butter, or dairy free spread – I used Trex
- 75g Greek yogurt (I used the Total 0% variety)
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225g flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 90ml milk (I used almond milk)
- 10 ml elderflower cordial
For the elderflower drizzle:
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 4 tbsp white or golden granulated sugar
- Splash of warm water if needed
- Sift all dry ingredients together
- Melt butter or dairy free alternative or let it come to room temperature
- Mix all wet ingredients together until fully combined
- Combine wet & dry ingredients together, mix well
- Pour batter into greased loaf tin
- Bake on 225oC for 35-45 mins or until cake is cooked in the middle.
- Mix together cordial and sugar drizzle whilst you wait
- When it comes out of the oven, prick it lightly all over with a fork and pour the drizzle on top
- Wait to cool, and serve!