Happy 2014! Sorry guys i’ve been way too quiet the past month, even though the truth is i’ve been making and baking more than ever. I’ve found my new favourite snack… sweet n salty pretzel bites:
crunchy and delicious!
They are so addictive! I made a NYE bundt cake too… marbled, sparkly, and looks just like fireworks! (Well I hope so anyway!)
I stayed in this NYE and made homemade pizzas and pasta for dinner – and watched the fireworks of course!
Happy New Year and here’s to 2014!
12 hours of baking, 3 hours of eating and one very long day! Yesterday saw my first ever charity bake sale, and boy was it a good one!
Vanilla and Chocolate cupcakes
Lemon poppyseed loaf
Giant Red Velvet Cupcake
Choc Chip Shortbread
The whole spread!
I made Blueberry Bundt cake, chocolate, vanilla and guinness cupcakes, chocolate chip shortbread, red velvet giant cupcake, lemon poppyseed loaf cake, dairy and gluten free peanut butter caramel cookies, and brownies! I also had lots of help, with carrot cake, victoria sponge, cheesecake, teacakes, jam tarts, lemon meringue and cookies donated!
Thanks to everyone who came and raised over £200 for a great cause!
A very happy customer (boyfriend!)
Morning Cake Snobs… I’ve got a BUNDT in the oven for you today! I baked a blueberry cream cheese pound cake for a volunteers meeting for the food festival Gefiltefest (in May.)
Here I am debuting my new apron, a birthday present with my sister “posing” behind me!
Queen of the kitchen and the Jester!
And here is the real star of the show, Blueberry Bundt cake with a white chocolate topping:
My Bundt Baby
This is a fairly simple recipe, and the reward is just great!
How can you resist a slice?
- 340g unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese (one normal sized packet of Philadelphia)
- 600g sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 390g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Blueberries, about a bowlful
- 250g white chocolate (optional – for the topping)
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in eggs one at a time until all are incorporated fully.
- Add in vanilla and salt.
- Sift in flour and mix well.
- Coat your blueberries in some flour and stir them into the batter.
- Butter and flour your Bundt pan, or use cake release spray (I used the latter.)
- Pour mixture into your pan and bake on 160oC for approximately 1 hr and 15 mins.
- Check cake is done by inserting a skewer.
- Leave to cool on a drying rack, leaving the Bundt in the pan.
- Once cooled, flip on your drying rack.
- Melt white chocolate in bain marie and pour liberally over the top. Once this has hardened, SERVE!
Leave to cool in the pan
This is perfect paired with a cup of tea, and served after dinner or as part of a tea!
The days are getting darker and autumn is drawing in… which obviously means more time at home, cosying up and eating heavenly rich and wintery cake!
One of my lovely work friends left last week and I offered to bake him a cake, and he chose chocolate, which obviously meant putting a Tash/CakeSnobs twist on it and making mocha cake!
This cake was supposed to be one bundt cake, but as I don’t have a tin anymore (thrown out thanks to my mummy!) I made do with 2 loaf tins, which worked out surprisingly well!
This was definitely a manly cake, quite heavy and dense but oh so filling and delicious!
Cakes presented by the lovely Myles
I topped these with a thick coffee glaze and a drizzle of dark chocolate. This cake was then made AGAIN as requested by my little brother to take when I visited him in Brighton. For the next batch I made the coffee glaze a little thinner and when the cake was warm, I scattered salted chocolate chips over the top, and a few dark choccy chips as well for good measure!
This batch definitely looked a lot nicer!