Brownies just got better. Yup, you’re reading that right! These brownies merit a LOT of your attention. Upon tasting them, a pastry chef friend exclaimed to me that my brownies were better than his. Life=made (if you’re reading this Bobby, here’s the recipe!)
- 185g dark chocolate
- 185g olive oil
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 85g plain flour (If using gluten free, also use 1/2 tsp xanthan gum)
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50-100g dark, milk or white chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate in a bain-marie
- Mix in olive oil and leave to cool
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until thick and frothy
- Pour in cooled chocolate & olive oil
- Sift flour and cocoa powder over the top and mix until just combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into well-greased tin (I use a square tin)
- Bake for 25 mins on 185oC
- Leave until totally cooled then cut into squares and stuff your face!
I served mine as dessert to a BBQ as well as to feed my friends the day after!
Sometimes in life, you only need a few cupcakes, whether it’s for a friend, or just for you! Last night I baked 6 perfect cupcakes for a colleague’s wife’s birthday, so I though I’d share with you the recipe.
Sweet and simple
Hard to resist…
I made chocolate chip cupcakes with a simple vanilla buttercream, as the birthday girl is also newly pregnant… congratulations!
- 100g flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 125g caster sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 40g butter
- 120ml milk
- 1 egg
- Handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- 125g butter
- 250g icing sugar
- dash vanilla bean paste or extract
- dash of water
- colouring + sprinkle optional!
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together
- Add in sugar and 40g butter at room temperature and use electric or stand mixer to combine
- Whisk milk and egg and add slowly to the mixture
- Sprinkle in those chocolate chips and give one more good mix
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 mins at 170oC
- When cupcakes are cooled, sift icing sugar into a bowl and add in butter at room temperature.
- With an electric or stand mixer, mix until well combined. Add in vanilla
- If the icing isn’t combining, add in a dash of cold water
- Colour if desired and swirl on top, adding in as much glitter and as many sprinkles as you want!
6 little cupcakes, all in a row!
I hope the birthday girl enjoys these tomorrow, they will be hard to resist!