Morning Cake Snobbers! It’s official… the holidays are OVER! 😦 Don’t cry just yet though, I have the perfect thing to lift your spirits… a spot of brunch!
I definitely overindulged this weekend (diet starts today right?!) by cooking and baking some yummy dishes that will definitely be repeated.
First up: kick off your day with this Shakshuka-style dish of eggs, perfect for picky eaters (like myself!)
I’m not a fan of all the veggies etc that go into these dishes usually, so I made my own version! (Feeds 2 very hungry people!)
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Carton of Passta (I like the garlic+herb one)
- Fresh or dried parsely
- Mixed herbs
- Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
- 4 eggs
- Handful or your favourite grated cheese
- First, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan
- When hot, crush garlic and fry til brown
- Add mushrooms and fry over
- Add in passata, herbs, paprika, a drop or two of hot sauce, and parsley
- Add a good squeeze of honey, a dash of salt, and mix!
- Simmer for 10/15 mins until mixture has slightly reduced
- Crack in your eggs and add another sprinkling of parsley
- When your eggs are nearly done, sprinkle your cheese over and let it melt!
- Serve immediately in the pan, with some fresh bagels or pita bread
Brunch for 2 hungry people… DONE! (And it’s even kinda healthy too!)
Next time i’d add in some spinach for added iron!