Todays cupcakes are the cupcakes I made for my own birthday (no cake is as good as homemade cake!) I’m a massive chocoholic as well as loving a challenge so I decided to make some cupcakes I had never attempted before.
I love the cake!
Chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Salted Caramel Marscapone buttercream. Makes 36 approx.
For the cake:
– 375 ml Guinness
– 330g butter
– 130g cocoa powder
– 400g plain flour
– 350g caster sugar
– 2 tbs baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 3 eggs
– 200g sour cream
For the buttercream:
– 150g caster sugar
– 150g light brown sugar
– 75g unsalted butter
– 200ml single cream
– 75ml golden syrup
– pinch of salt
– 220g marscapone
– 110g butter
– 750g icing sugar
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla essence
– Melt together the guinness and butter in a saucepan over a low heat
– When melted, sift in cocoa powder and leave to cool
– Sift in plain flour and baking powder, then add rest of cake ingredients into a bowl and mix well, using a hand or stand mixer.
– Add in chocolatey guinness mixture when cooled and mix well again.
– Scoop the batter (it will be quite wet) into cupcake cases with an ice cream scoop.
– Bake on 180oC for 15 minutes approx.Take out of pan and leave to cool.
– To make the salted caramel, put caster sugar into a pan with 25ml water and let boil (do NOT stir!) until sugar becomes darker. (Approx 8 mins)
– Add in butter, when that is melted add in brown sugar, cream and golden syrup.
– I made a softer sauce, so I let the caramel boil until 113oC then poured into a container.
– To make the buttercream, sift in icing sugar, then add in butter and marscapone, and 2 large scoops of caramel. Save the rest for drizzling!
– Mix well with a hand or stand mixer for about 4 mins, then pipe on top of cupcakes, and drizzle the caramel syrup on top.
– Top with a sprinkle of fleur de sel, and optionally, some glitter!
Look at these lovelies!
I like these cupcakes as they were moist and very rich, as well as being a proper dense yet satisfying cupcake, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, and I recommend you have one with a cuppa… in fact that’s what im going to do right now!
Chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch Cupcakes… what a mouthful! But seriously, these cupcakes were ADDICTIVE, right down to the last buttery mouthful!
I made these cupcakes for a close friends’ leaving party, he’s going to Australia so we sent him off in style! I topped these roof-sticking peanut buttery cupcakes with red, white and blue sprinkles as well as Australian red white and blue M&M’s!
The filling definitely made these cupcakes, a mix of peanut butter, butterscotch and golden syrup formed a sweet and salty cupcake, topped with Marscapone cream cheese frosting. Not for the faint hearted!
Unless you fell off the face of the earth, you all had a lovely long weekend, thanks to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. This weekend I managed to fit in a family function, a trip to Ronnie Scott’s, AND a batch of jubilee cupcakes!
For the cupcakes, I went with victoria sponge cupcakes (vanilla filled with jam), and piped on red white and blue buttercream. The white buttercream was marscapone, and the red and blue were my new double cream buttercream (divine!)
So, what did you get up to this weekend?
Sometimes in life you need to be a kid again… and celebrate with themed cupcakes! These Superman ones are extra fun and have the added bonus of having ring toppers so that guests get a small gift too! These were also ALL gluten free! Flavours were: Vanilla bean cupcakes and bite size brownie cupcakes with Marscapone topping. YUM!
If you could theme cupcakes, what theme would they be?
It’s charity bake sale day in the Spreading Jam offices, for a great cause. One of the team is running the London marathon and is running short of her target so we’ve clubbed together to have a bake sale in order to get her to her goal.
There is also a competition running, for someone to be crowned the #MasterBaker after the goodies have been judged.
I’ve offered up some pink velvet cupcakes with marscapone topping:
With a selection of gorgeous cakes like these, anyone could win!