When your little brother turns 21… you have to make him something yummy right?! Even when he doesn’t want a party and only wants a family BBQ you of course have to make the best chocolate cake ever. So that’s how this fudgy, soft chocolate oreo cake came to exist.
Chocolate Oreo Cake
To make it dairy free, I created a ganache of dark chocolate with my new favourite dairy substitute: Oat Cream! It has the added bonus of some super lovely packaging:
Chocolate cake, ganache and oreos. Perfect combination. So happy (belated) 21st birthday to my little bro (even though you’re way taller than me!)
Crunchy. Salty. Sweet. Spicy. Moreish.
This is the popcorn that my friend said I should sell. Maybe now I will. Popcorn is so easy to make yourself at home… so I did! Let me introduce you to salted caramel popcorn with a hint of cinnamon. Your new best friend on Saturday night… or for that matter any night! Make this on the weekend for a lazy evening of TV and nosh.
Salted caramel popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 225g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 440g soft brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp maldon sea salt
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1 dollop vanilla bean paste
- Pop your popcorn kernels, or get your pre-popped plain popcorn ready.
- Preheat to the oven to 120oC
- Mix the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a very large heavy bottomed pan
- Bring to the boil on a medium heat.
- Leaving bubbling away for 3-4 mins without stirring
- Add the bicarb, cinammon, salt, and vanilla and mix.
- Stir in the popcorn til it’s coated all over in the delicious caramel mixture.
- Line 2 deep baking dishes with greaseproof paper
- Bake for about an hour, and stir halfway.
- Remove, let cool and serve!