Alcohol… chocolate…cheesecake…. what more could a girl want? Baileys Cheesecake Brownies, that’s what! Literally the best breakfast on a Friday morning.
The trio… alcohol chocolate and cheesecake!
You better grab one before they all go…
Ooops… too late! These brownies were surprisingly easy to make and it only took me an hour from start to finish. It’s not like you needed an excuse anyway right?! This recipe makes about 30 brownies… enough for me right?!
- 220g dark chocolate
- 220g butter
- 240g golden caster sugar
- 60g plain flour
- 4 free range eggs
- Half a glass of Baileys!
- 450g full fat cream cheese
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- A few splashes of Baileys
- Preheat oven to 150oC
- For the brownies:
- Melt together the dark chocolate and butter in a bain marie
- When cooled, mix in the sugar
- Add in the eggs one by one and mix well
- Sift in the flour and mix until combined
- Add the Baileys to your taste (I tend to be more generous!) and mix well
- Put the mixture into two brownie tins, spreading it evenly to the edge
- For the cheesecake:
- Whisk together the cream cheese and sugar
- Mix in eggs
- Add Baileys to taste
- Layer this on top of the brownie mixture, and lightly swirl the two mixes together
- Put in oven for about 30 mins, until just set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before serving!
Enjoy cake snobs!
Layers of swirly goodness!
Recipe adapted from here.
Hi Cake Snobs! Have you missed me? Yes I know sorry I’ve been away for ages. But I will make it up to you. Promise! How? With this:
Kit Kat Birthday Cake
Why yes, that is a victoria sponge cake, sandwich together with raspberry jam and buttercream, covered in white chocolate buttercream, studded with maltesers and peanut m&m’s, finished with a border of kit kats. Phew! Even saying that makes my mouth water! Let’s take another look…
From the top
I made it for the boyfriend’s birthday, and I think he really liked it…
Just for me!
In fact everyone couldn’t wait to gobble it down!
Lets just take one more look shall we?
So – I made this cake using the victoria sponge recipe from Lily Vanilli’s book Sweet Tooth – a great recipe!
I used raspberry jam and standard buttercream to make the filling. I then coated it in a batch of white chocolate buttercream:
- 220g unsalted butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 300g white chocolate
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Whisk the butter and icing sugar together until smooth
- Melt the white chocolate, and when cool, add to the buttercream
- If mixture is too stiff, add in amount of milk (I used skimmed) until it softens
I did a crumb coating first, leaving the cake in the freezer for 10 mins before applying a second coat of buttercream.
I then lined the outside with 2 finger kit kats (warning – buy 3 packets or you will run out and have to find a supermarket that is open at midnight!)
Then i decorated the top and used a ribbon to finish. And voila! The birthday cake is ready! The whole thing took me an evening to make, about 4-5 hours including cake cooling time!
I suggest you make this for your next party, it was a huge crowd pleaser and it was gone within the day!